Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Blog #10 October 31st

I'm an avid country fan...VCDC was not country.  I didn't know what to expect when I walked into the room.  I was really thrown off when things started to actually play together and flow.  I was shocked at how such weird noises could mash together and create such an interesting sound that was actually aesthetically pleasing to my ears.  I liked the abstract approach you have to take to listen to the music because it makes you realize how mainstream music is...I doubt they'll be making a VCDC based radio station anytime soon.   Nevertheless, I loved the complex sounds and atmosphere that they brought with their music because the audience acted differently than any concert I had ever been to.  My question would be what do we consider music and where is the line of what is and is not music?  What line do we draw?  This is an interesting thought because it would challenge possibly what VCDC is doing and the composition of songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment