Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hello Everyone!  My name is Melissa Carpenter and I am a Junior at Thomas More College.  My major is Philosophy with a minor in Pre-Law.  Because I am a transfer student and new to Thomas More, I was automatically enrolled in Professor Langguth's Aesthetics class.  I do have a business degree and after graduating I felt compelled to change my focus.  My dream was always to become a lawyer and thanks to the wonderful advising team at Thomas More, I am finally on my way!  I am much older than most of the day time students and felt a little out of place at first.  My children are grown now and have their own lives which has allowed me to now focus on myself and the goals that I wish to accomplish.  I've started a little later in life due to raising a family and even though I'm much older, I truly enjoy being around all of the young adults in which I can share some wisdom and insight from my own life experiences.

With regards to Aesthetics, I never really understood the true meaning until coming to Thomas More.  I thoroughly enjoy this class as Professor Langguth makes it very interesting as well as fun!  I am a artist by nature and enjoy many things such as drawing, reading a good novel, and playing my violin (I've been playing for years and I'm terrible!).  I am an animal lover as well as an advocate and even though I'm not remotely athletic, I do enjoy being outside on my horse's back exploring.  I am certainly looking forward to the semester and learning more about my fellow classmates as well as my fellow bloggers.  I'm glad to be a part and I'm anxious to see everyone's posts as the semester progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment