Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Art and Science Fairs

I really can't get my mind off of how art should be displayed.  While I agree with the idea that art shouldn't be displayed for the wrong reasons (fame, money, etc.), I don't like the idea of completely shoving new art off to the side and out of sight.  With all the potential that we have today to share ideas and theories, why can't we take the same approach to art?
Instead of approaching art as needing to be displayed for fame and monetary gain, maybe it should be approached more like a science fair.  A gathering of different types of art and techniques that can be shared and learned from, but can also be enjoyed by the public.  I feel that it's a win-win situation, with new art being displayed and seen without all the downsides of being displayed in a museum, but that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment