Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Picasso?

One thing bothered me about the Picasso video with the second commentary. He talked him up to be almost god like in his decisions and absolutely perfect and flawless in his execution. while he is a great artist, and I am not doubting his ability or fame, I believe the commentary got a little caught up in Picasso, the man, rather than Picasso, the art, if that makes sense. I believe Picasso's fame creates his tragic flaw, that anything he does will be adored by someone, whether he had art in mind or not. I also think his fame takes away from the everyday artist, the hidden talent all over the world in every city and country. Just because Picasso was famous doesn't mean that no artist can ever compare or even surpass him. I honestly believe there to be better artists that receive much less praise, but then again, this is my opinion, and is beauty in the eye of the beholder or is it universal?

No comments:

Post a Comment